If it has anything to do with art for kids, I’m a huge fan! We love exploring and experimenting with different mediums and material. This is a classic art project my daughter and I tried. We used Pom-poms instead of the traditional brushes.
After having explored Bubble Art (yes art with soap bubbles!) and making Craft Spooky Scene With Twigs, we tried this awesome pom-pom art.
Follow our Pinterest Board For Easy Art.
Material Needed For This Pom-pom Art For Kids
Directions For The Pom-pom Art For Kids:
- I sketched out a butterfly on the sketch book.
- Next we added the colours in a colour palette or an easy to use paper plate for easy access and mixing.
- Place the pom -poms between the tip of the clothes pin.
- Next Inaaya choose the colours of her choice and began to fill in the butterfly.
- She dipped the pom-poms in the paints and it was a delight to see the pom-pom absorb the paint from the plate.
- The beauty about the pom-pom art for kids is that owing to the shape of the pom-poms, little circular dots began to fill the spaces in the design rendering it a texture of it’s own.
This is a fun activity for rainy days and is great for the fine motor grip.
It really looks good. Nice idea and kids love anything messy 😉
Yes! This can be re-invented into so designs!
That’s a great idea! I had tried thumb painting, but this looks even more fun and less messy. 😀
Have fun trying this with your kids!!