Most of you are (hopefully) avid readers of my blog. I don’t claim to be an expert, but have shared with you excerpts about my life and parenting successes a.k.a fails!
On a normal day, the hours commence as a jog little jog, gear up into a sprint and then end as a marathon till the exhaustion consumes me and I collapse dead to the world!
In the midst of all this crunch, I have to crank my already fried mind to thinking about what to make for the Kids Food. You see, they normally hate by tomorrow what was their favourite meal yesterday! So I spend all of the ‘today’ wondering what to make that is easy.
This blog today is the beginning of my attempt to compile a few easy KIDS FOOD RECIPES for myself and other meal-harrowed souls out there.
While I am absolutely no food expert, I hope to in the least, feed my family something new and healthy with minimal effort (read lazy).
So today I am sharing something that has been the first on my ‘Go’ list and are absolutely yum!
NO BAKE SNACK BARS for a quick kids snack, children breakfast ideas or tiffin feast!
What I love about the recipe is that it is EASY andddddd, I can find all the ingredients locally. Plus, it isn’t sugar loaded like store bought bars and healthier!! It would be a great idea to make these and stash a batch in the refrigerator. Great for the kids and the entire family!
Healthy No-bake Snack Bars
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup nut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Toss everything into a food processor and process until the mixture starts to go smooth and clump into a ball. The dates will be all chopped up but you’ll still have bits of nut.
- Turn the mixture out into an 8 or 9 inch square dish lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut into pieces using a sharp knife. Enjoy these bars cold or frozen. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.Image And Recipe Source
Leave a Comment