My kids could live on KFC chicken.
When we look for a holiday destination, the first thing we look up is KFC joints around the hotel!
Yup! That’s how much the kids love KFC. But of course, they can’t be eating out that much. So here’s a nice recipe I came across that taste just like the original thing. Here’s our KFC Style Popcorn Chicken.
Here’s how you can make KFC Style PopCorn Chicken!
For the Marinade:
- 300 grms boneless chicken
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dry chilli powder
- Salt according to taste
For the Batter:
- 3/4 cup multipurpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- A pinch of baking soda
For the Spice Sprinkling On The Chicken
- 1//2 tsp dry onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp oregano
Here’s How To Make This Yummy KFC Style Popcorn Chicken!
- Cut the boneless chicken into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
- Mix together all the ingredients under marinade and rub all over the chicken. Marinate for at least half an hour.
- Season the flour and breadcrumbs combination for coating with salt and baking soda.
The baking soda make the batter nice and light.
- To start making popcorn chicken, arrange an assembly line of sorts. Place flour, buttermilk and breadcrumbs next to each other along with the chicken.
- Now start by lightly coating the chicken with flour. Dip it in buttermilk next, and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for frying and deep fry in batches on medium heat till the chicken is cooked through and lightly brown on the outside.
- In the meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the spice sprinkling.
- Dust the chicken pieces with the spice mix as soon as they are fried. This helps coat the mixture all over the chicken. I usually sprinkle the spicy mix and toss the chicken in it while it’s still hot. Serve hot.