50 Some Things I Want To Tell My Daughter
There she was. Taking out my nail polish and slathering it all over her little three year old finger nails. As I watched my daughter, it struck me that these three years (Yes she turns three this May) had gone by too fast.
This is when this wonderful list by lisajobaker.com popped in my head. It’s a great list and highly inspiring.
1. Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
2. There will always be mean girls – that doesn’t mean we find a tower and Rapunzel ourselves away from the world.
3. Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
4. Your brothers will teach you how boys should treat you.
5. You can climb that tree just as well as your brother can.
6. You’re always welcome in my wardrobe.
7. Food is a joy.
8. Your body is strong and capable of more than you can imagine right now.
9. Cook, decorate, clean, organize because you love to, not because someone tells you you’re meant to.
10. You’ll never be too old for me to hold you.
11. Nothing you tell me will ever make me want to stop hearing from you.
12. You have a voice. Let the world hear it.
13. Words can build bridges between people.
14. Kindness is powerful. Throw it around like confetti.
15. Enjoy wanderlust. Travel and explore.
16. Embrace being by yourself. It doesn’t make you boring.
17. The best way never to worry about anyone gossiping about you is never to gossip about anybody.
18. Say Sorry when you make a mistake. It doesn’t make you little.
19. I’m on your side; especially on the days when it doesn’t feel like it.
20. Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you’ll ever have with your best friend.
21. Always fight fair. But don’t be afraid to fight.
22. A good cry is great therapy.
23. Bad hair days are inevitable.
24. A strong man is never threatened by a strong woman.
25. Go big even if it means failing big. Especially then.
26. Be the friend you wish you had.
27. You can’t control what others think about you. Let it go.
28. I will be your best friend. But I will be your mother more.
29. Prince Charming isn’t a fairy tale, he’s a myth.
30. Daughters teach us about our mothers. You gave me back my mom.
31. Husbands need a wife. Not another mom.
32. Love waits.
33. Patience is never wasted.
34. Dad will be the one helping you with math homework.
35. The only thing holding you back from making a difference in the world will be your
36. Girlfriends are the best kind of free therapy there is.
37. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say.
38. The painful truth is always easier than a messy lie.
39. Nothing will make me love you less.
40. Nothing will make me love you more.
41. The mirror is not the boss of you.
42. Keep going no matter what.
43. People are more important than things.
44. Find one good, trustworthy friend. It’s not how many you have or how popular they are that counts; it’s how they treat you that really matters.
45. Toys and colours aren’t determined by gender.
46. Friends with different points of view are healthy.
47. Dirt and mud and all that fun stuff — it washes off. So play in it if you wish.
48. You cannot please everyone. So accept that.
49. Enjoy music. You may turn the volume up!
50. Never count yourself out. Just when you think you’re not meant for something, or something isn’t working out, you might find yourself surprised.
Is there anything else that I can add to this list? Do leave your ‘something’ in the comment section.